General thoughts on the local airports
- Cable - Great Food, Great Service
- Mojave - Excellent food and service, long drive (Except for Terri and K-Bob), K-Bob's Phantoms are gone, but there is other weird and fun stuff, home of Rutan Aircraft, etc.
- Willie J. Fox - Excellent food and service, long drive (Except for Terri and K-Bob)
- French Valley - Very good food and service, easy fly, easy drive
- Rialto is finally closed putting the restaurant out of its own misery.
- Brackett - Good food
- Chiriaco Summit - Too Hot in the summer, but excellent food, dirty restrooms, Patton museum nearby
- Palomar - Food good, but crowded after 0900, long walk from parking now
- Gillespie - Great food, short on aircraft parking
- Montgomery - Good food when open
- FlaBob - Excellent food and service
- Agua Dulce - Food used to be good, not seen in a while
- Santa Paula - Good food, good service, nice atmosphere, a bit busy in the pattern
- Riverside - Food okay
- Chino - Flo's, need we say more - Cheap gas from the Threshold truck
- Kern Valley - Okay food, beautiful airport, long haul
- Apple Valley - Restaurant closed at last check
- Big Bear - Excellent food, but high density altitude
- Catalina - Excellent food, $20.00 landing fee, bad for drivers
- Yucca Valley - Russ lives there, so long as he hosts, we are okay!
- Ocotillo Wells
- Palm Springs
- Brown Field
- EL Monte
- Norton (SBD Cargo)
Food for Thought - If we keep it in the north end of the LA Basin, we get drivers.